Family Law covers a multitude of legal areas designed to support and protect you and your loved ones in your time of need. With specialists in the field of adoption, divorce, civil partnerships and domestic violence to name but a few, Morlings solicitors are experts in their fields and understand how stressful situations can be when they concern your nearest and dearest.
Compassionate, non judgemental and efficient, our lawyers work tirelessly to achieve the best outcome possible for you. Eager to listen and understand the intricacies of each unique situation, there is no pressure applied and we will progress at the pace you feel comfortable with.
Our team of experienced family lawyers can help with:
- wealth protection and prenuptial agreements for unmarried couples or soon to be husbands, wives and civil partners;
- filing and responding to divorce proceedings or civil partnership dissolutions including all financial elements that need to be considered
- any situations where children are involved including custody, visitation rights and logistics of moving them abroad
- parenting issues where a parental responsibility order from the court may be needed to ensure both parents have an equal say about decisions affecting their children’s lives, or where there are issues around fertility and surrogacy;
- family care proceedings where a local authority has indicated an intention to remove your child or to insert them in to the adoption system
- protecting your family where you have been victims of domestic violence and/or abuse
Alternatives to court
We try our hardest to manage our cases calmly and without conflict where possible. In many cases, entering in to court proceedings can be avoided by implementing a strategy of family mediation or collaborative law. This of course will be assessed on its suitability on a case by case basis.
Advising families throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Maidstone, Gravesend, Chatham and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings by Skype for clients who have to travel extensively or who now live abroad. In exceptional circumstances, home visits can also be arranged.
Fixed cost initial appointment / Legal Aid
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £95 plus VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget. Legal aid may also be available in certain cases and is normally always available for defending care proceedings and taking steps to protect against domestic violence or child abuse
Get in touch
Call us on 01622 673081 if you need our help. Alternatively complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Please let us know if you are in a particularly sensitive situation when and via which method is best to contact you on.