If you’re suffering an injury via the fault of a third party, you may well be entitled to file a personal injury claim for compensation. This could be in respect of loss of earnings, the effect had on potential future earnings, rehabilitation expenses, or adaptations required to your home or vehicle in order for you to continue your daily life.
Similarly you can also enter in to this process on behalf of a relative affected who may have been injured or sadly died due to the actions of someone else. Claims can also be lodged in the event of mental illness or injury and contraction of a disease should this be as a result of actions of others.
Procedurally there are inevitably tight timescales which must be adhered to when beginning your legal proceedings in the aftermath of injury so it is important for you to act swiftly in seeking advice.
Our highly trained personal injury team can help in a range of situations, including but not limited to:
- accidents at work resulting in physical injury, including hearing damage or loss of a limb;
- mental injury sustained at work, for example severe stress brought on by a heavy workload;
- work-related illness, such as lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos;
- road traffic accidents resulting in injury or death;
- injury or death caused by the handling of faulty goods or inadequately performed services;
- injury or death sustained as a result of inadequately supervised or poorly maintained public spaces, including incidents of drowning in public swimming pools or tripping over uneven paving slabs;
- injury or death caused by mistakes made by medical professionals, including GPs, hospital staff, dentists, opticians and cosmetic surgeons;
- injury or death caused by routine vaccinations;
- injury or death caused by criminal behaviour where you or a relative have been the victim of a crime;
- injury or death resulting from mistreatment while you or a relative were in police custody; and
- injury or death caused by mistreatment while in a hospital, care home or residential setting.
Advising individuals throughout Maidstone, Kent and beyond
We have offices in Maidstone, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Chatham and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your home or in a hospital or care facility. Meetings via skype are also possible where appropriate.
Most personal injury cases can be funded under a conditional fee agreement which means there will usually be no legal fees to pay unless your claim is successful.
For clients not eligible for conditional fee funding we can offer flexible payment terms to help you budget for the payment of legal fees. We can also offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £150 plus VAT.