Your commercial property is a hugely important part of your business enterprise. Where you are based, the size and structure, the opportunities available for development and the fit with your visions for the future are all key impacting factors.
As one of the most costly sections of your business it is so important to seek the advice of a professional commercial property lawyer. Our team can act on behalf of landlords, tenants, investors and developers to ensure whichever process you decide upon is executed in the most timely and cost effective way possible.
Drawing on their broad range of experience, our solicitors can assist with:
Commercial property development
- land acquisitions and disposals, including via joint venture;
- conversion projects;
- conditional sales, options and overage agreements;
- planning requirements, particularly around retail, industrial and agricultural sites;
- financing arrangements;
- the release of restrictive covenants;
- issues concerning boundaries and rights of access;
- site assembly; and
- plot sales.
Buying and selling commercial property
- sale and purchase negotiations;
- property requisitions and enquiries;
- verification of legal title;
- resolution of title defects;
- preparation and completion of transfer documents; and
- registration of title at the Land Registry.
Landlord and tenant
- lease negotiations;
- lease agreements;
- rent deposits and guarantees;
- requests to make alterations;
- requests for permission to assign or sublet;
- break clause notices;
- service charge queries;
- dilapidation claims;
- lease renewals; and
- issues around termination.
Our dispute team can help should you find yourself involved in a commercial property conflict. Additionally if you are looking to buy or sell abroad our Notary team can verify and authenticate any necessary paperwork required.
Advising businesses throughout Maidstone, Kent and beyond
We have offices in Maidstone, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Chatham and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings at your place of business if needed, or via a skype conference call where appropriate.
The cost of commercial property advice depends on your requirements. We are happy to provide a no obligation quotation upon request.