Running a successful business can be stressful yet rewarding, and there may come a time where you feel you have done as much as you can alone and need to develop a relationship with another business in order to progress. This can be for many different purposes – it could be that you want to trade abroad and need a partner to help you in that country, or you want to branch out to offer something completely different that you will need an expert in that sector to advise and guide you in.
Within our Company and Commercial team we have experienced and knowledgeable solicitors who are experts in helping businesses put joint ventures together. They can:
- advise you on the best operating model, whether that is a partnership, LLP or company, or via a standalone contractual arrangement;
- arrange new company incorporation, including the preparation of a memorandum, articles of association and shareholder agreement;
- negotiate terms and conditions which clearly define the identity of the parties, the purpose of the joint venture, its geographic reach, each party’s respective contribution, how operating costs and profits will be shared, governance arrangements, the decision-making process, exit provisions and a mechanism for bringing the joint venture to an end;
- deal with any employment law aspects where existing members of staff will be assigned to the joint venture or new personnel will be recruited; and
- devise a business dispute resolution procedure to enable differences to be resolved outside of court where possible.
Advising businesses throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Maidstone, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Chatham and Tenterden.
We can also offer meetings at your place of business or via a skype conference call where needed.
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £150 plus VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch
Call us on 01622 673081 if you need our help. Alternatively please complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.