If you wish to form a charity firstly you will need to identify how best this is done. There are several options available to you be it running your operations through an already established company, joining with or creating a charitable trust or as an independent organisation. You will also need to be able to show that your charity will benefit a specific sector in the public eye, for example homelessness, domestic violence or animal cruelty prevention.
You will need to source and acquire staff or volunteers to help with fundraising and marketing, decide which premises you feel best to operate from and have your head office registered at, and you will need to enlist the help of professional charity advisors who will assist in all of the above as well as preparation of necessary documentation, dealing with HMRC and Charity Commission registration and all associated tax issues.
Our charity law advisors provide guidance and support to a range of charities seeking to promote a plethora of good causes.
They can help with:
- forming a new charity;
- restructuring an existing charity;
- charity mergers or acquisitions;
- registering a charity with the Charity Commission;
- obtaining recognised charitable status from HMRC;
- creating corporate governance documents;
- advising charity trustees;
- drafting contracts of employment and service agreements;
- dealing with disciplinary and grievance matters concerning employees;
- taking a lease of commercial premises;
- buying or selling commercial property;
- commercial contracts;
- funding arrangements; and
- dissolving a charity where it is no longer viable.
Advising charities throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Maidstone, Gravesend, Chatham and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings at your place of business or via a skype conference call if appropriate.
An initial appointment to discuss your requirements can be arranged from £95 plus VAT. After that we can facilitate flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch
Call us on 01622 673081 if you need our help. Alternatively please complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.