Buying and selling commercial property can have a tendency to be more complicated than a residential conveyancing transaction so it is important to enforce due diligence and compliance from the very beginning.
Timescales can be a lot more restricted in commercial conveyancing as there will often be a lengthy chain and a greater number of businesses or organisations to take into consideration. Tax deadlines can also be a factor that impacts the flexibility in the execution of the transaction. Planning permission and/or residing tenants in the property may also be additional areas that could have an impact
At Morlings solicitors in Maidstone our highly experienced commercial property team can work with you through the whole procedure and guide you on the best way forward should any issues arise.
Drawing on many years of combined experience, our commercial property lawyers will ensure that:
- the terms of your sale or purchase are quickly agreed;
- where the deal is subject to planning permission, an option or conditional sale agreement is negotiated together an overage agreement if appropriate;
- restrictive covenants over land use will not affect planned business activities;
- redundant or problem covenants are removed if possible;
- legal title to the property is in order;
- any defects in title are addressed;
- satisfactory answers are provided to property enquiries or as part of a wider corporate due diligence exercise;
- appropriate finance arrangements are in place;
- existing lease arrangements are viewed and actioned as appropriate;
- transfer papers are drafted and executed;
- stamp duty land tax is paid;
- the transaction completes on time and in conjunction with linked transactions if needed;
- any outstanding mortgages and charges are settled; and
- the transaction is registered with the Land Registry.
We can also help if there is an ongoing commercial property dispute that needs to be resolved or if you require the services of a notary public to authenticate paperwork to be used to buy or sell commercial property abroad.
Advising businesses throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Maidstone, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Chatham and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings at your place of business if needed, or via a skype conference call if you are out of the country.
The cost of dealing with the sale or acquisition of a commercial property depends on the circumstances. We are happy to provide a no obligation quotation upon request.
Get in touch
If you need help to buy or sell commercial property, or with any other corporate and commercial issue, please get in touch to see how we can assist. You can call us on 01622 673081 or use our contact form and we will call you.