No matter the size or age of your business, employment laws need to be strictly adhered to. From ensuring staffing policies and protocols are managed, including pay, working conditions and contractual requirements, checking building compliance and safety regulations are up to date, to scrutinizing data protection policies regarding both clients, staff and third party contacts, it can be a minefield of potential hazards if you are not monitoring these carefully.
The laws around employment are continuously changing and even the slightest discrepancy can cause significant problems both for you and your business. It has never been more prudent to enlist the help of a trained and informed professional to safeguard you against any potential risks. Our expert Employment solicitors can assist you with:
- drafting policies and procedures to deal with everything from the rights of new parents to the process for making a flexible working request;
- creating tailored employment contracts and service agreements;
- ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory obligations;
- advising on grievance and disciplinary issues;
- investigating and resolving complaints of discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying;
- resolving disputes concerning pay, bonuses, annual leave and pension entitlement;
- advising on the fair treatment of employees on long-term sickness leave;
- defending unfair dismissal and other employment tribunal claims;
- defending personal injury claims brought by employees and visitors to your premises;
- providing representation before professional bodies and industry regulators;
- negotiating severance packages and settlement agreements;
- enforcing restrictive covenants and restraint of trade provisions, including via court proceedings if necessary;
- recovering confidential and commercially sensitive information from former employees;
- preventing infringement of your intellectual property rights;
- addressing data protection issues in the context of employment
- advising on issues arising out of the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE) following a business sale or transfer of services.
Mediation is well respected with a proven success rate of helping two parties reach an agreement before the situation progresses to tribunal status. There are some cases where mediation is a required step to take as opposed to a choice, but we have educated professionals that will be able to advise you on whether this is an appropriate and beneficial platform for your individual situation.
Advising employers throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Maidstone, Gravesend, Chatham and Tenterden.
We can also offer meetings at your place of business or via a skype conference call if needed.
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £150 plus VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch
Call us on 01622 673081 if you need our help. Alternatively complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.