If you’ve been arrested under suspicion of committing a criminal offence, you will need legal advice and representation as soon as possible. Free legal advice is within your rights as soon as you appear at the police station, as well as in some cases should the matter result in a court hearing.
Instructing a legal expert to support and guide you through initial questioning can safeguard you against many hidden pitfalls you may come up against. Solid legal directives can work towards increased chances of lesser charges, release on bail or even charges being dropped in some scenarios.
Our criminal team have vast experience in a whole spectrum of criminal cases both regarding individual defendants or working as representatives of businesses involved in fraud, negligence and corporate manslaughter cases to name a few.
From advising you at the police station to representing you at court, our criminal law specialists can manage allegations including but not restricted to:
- murder, manslaughter and causing death by dangerous driving;
- assault, including grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm;
- sexual offences, including rape, child exploitation and the downloading of indecent images;
- domestic violence, mental or physical abuse including gaslighting and coercive or controlling behaviour;
- harassment and stalking;
- drug possession, drug dealing or drug importation;
- possession of an offensive weapon or bladed article;
- theft, ranging from shoplifting to stealing from your employer;
- fraud and other crimes of dishonesty
- motoring offences, including causing injury by dangerous driving, speeding, driving without insurance, improper mobile phone usage and failing to stop after an accident.
They will also represent you at trial, sentencing hearings and if you wish to appeal against a conviction or sentence.
Advising individuals throughout Maidstone, Kent and beyond
Our lawyers are based in Maidstone, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Chatham and Tenterden and cover the whole of Kent. They can also help clients based further afield and regularly represent people in the London Crown Courts.
They can visit you at the police station or in prison if you have been remanded in custody. Meetings can also be arranged at one of our offices or at your place of business’ or via Skype where appropriate if needed.
Advice at the police station is free, regardless of your income or savings. Legal aid is also available in many cases to help where you are charged with an offence and the case will go to court.
For privately paying clients we offer an initial appointment from £120 plus VAT. This provides us with an opportunity to assess your case and give initial advice. Any further work beyond this will be quoted for at a competitive rate.
Get in touch with our criminal law solicitors in Maidstone, Kent
Call us on 01622 673081 if you need our help or alternatively complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
For urgent advice outside of office hours, including police station representation, please call 07516 729637