Employing people that do not live in the UK or entering into business agreements with employees that wish to enter the UK is not always easy. As a business owner you have to comply with several immigration laws and the failure to do this can see you both personally and professionally face serious consequences.
There are many different regulations around the world as to what must be done to legally enter and work in the country or work for a company not based in the country you reside in. The UK needs to validate an individuals value to the labour market should they not be in possession of a recognised international agreement that legally authorises them to live and work here. With regards to payments there are often minimum salary requirements that must be met when employing foreign workers as well as in some cases an annual immigration skills charge.
Our team of business immigration lawyers can guide you through these confusing regulations and continue to keep you adhering to all necessary legal rules.
- Advise you how to carry out immigration checks on existing employees to highlight any instances of illegal working;
- advise you on the immigration requirements you will need to satisfy to send an employee abroad;
- advise you on the immigration requirements you will need to satisfy to recruit a new foreign worker;
- assist you and your staff with visa applications and in notarising supporting documents;
- assist foreign investors and entrepreneurs to apply for a visa to enable them to travel to the UK to explore business opportunities;
- help you with sponsorship licenses for specialist or temporary workers under the Tier 1 and Tier 5 merit-based entry rules; and
- assist with applications from existing foreign workers to extend the length of their stay or to apply for the right to settle.
Advising businesses throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Maidstone, Gravesend, Chatham and Tenterden where we can meet to discuss your requirements. We are also happy to schedule an appointment at your place of business if more convenient. Skype calls can be arranged where appropriate.
An initial appointment with one of our lawyers can be arranged for a fixed cost of £180 plus VAT. After that we can agree funding arrangements to suit your circumstances, including a monthly payment plan to help you budget.
Get in touch
Call us on 01622 673081 if you need our help with this or any other employment matter, either as the employer or as the employee. Alternatively complete our Contact Us page and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.