There is a huge amount to deal with when a loved one dies which can only begin once a grant of probate has been obtained by the authorised individual as outlined in the will of the deceased, or via the roles of intestacy where no will exists.
The procedure to apply to the Probate Registry is not complicated but if your application should be incorrect in any way it could be rejected, causing lengthy delays and additional problems at an already stressful time. Similarly, if there are any questions raised regarding the validity of the will or who should be applying for probate, you will need the help of a professional to move forward.
At Morlings solicitors in Maidstone we have a team of probate lawyers within our Private Client departments who can assist with the probate process. Working alongside you, they can:
- advise you on whether a grant of probate is required;
- complete and lodge the application on your behalf;
- deal with any queries that are raised by the Probate Registry;
- lodge a notice preventing a grant of probate being issued until any disagreements have been resolved;
- ensure any inheritance tax is paid or deferred;
- help administer your loved one’s estate after the grant has been made to ensure all liabilities are settled and everyone receives their inheritance; and
- advise on circumstances where it might be appropriate to vary the will or the rules of intestacy to make provision for other relatives or to save tax.
Advising families throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Maidstone, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Chatham and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings at your home, in hospital or in a care facility, and in exceptional circumstances a telephone appointment can be arranged via skype.
An initial appointment to discuss your requirements can be arranged from £95 plus VAT. After that we can agree funding arrangements to suit your budget.
Get in touch
Call us on 01622 673081 if you need our help. Alternatively, please complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.