For further information please call to speak to one of our experts on 01622 673081
Hardeep joined the Firm in 2016 as a Trainee Solicitor and qualified as a Solicitor in September 2018. Her background is in Civil Litigation, she moved between various departments during her training contract delving into Family law, Property law and Private Client. During her time in the Private Client department she excelled and now specialises in that area of law.
Hardeep can help people put their legal affairs in order, both during their lifetime and upon their death.
For clients worried about what might happen if they become unable to make decisions for themselves, either as a result of an accident or a progressive mental illness like dementia, Hardeep ensures lasting powers of attorney are put in place, together with an advance decision on medical treatment where a client is clear that they do not want to receive life-sustaining treatment. For those keen to ensure that their loved ones are well cared for when they die and that no more inheritance tax than necessary needs to be paid, she ensures wills are prepared and tax planning advice is provided. For those who require assistance with applying for a grant of probate when a loved one passes away and for the administration of an estate, Hardeep can assist or administer as required.
Hardeep can specifically help with:
- making a will – to ensure your money and property goes to those you have chosen to receive it;
- lasting powers of attorney – to ensure that if you become unable to make decisions about your finance and property affairs or health and welfare for yourself, someone you trust has authority to make them for you;
- tax planning – to ensure you take advantage of tax allowances to maximise the value of what you can pass on to loved ones before inheritance tax becomes payable; and
- elderly client work – to ensure those of advancing years receive joined-up advice which considers other issues such as the funding of care costs in later life.
- deputyships – applying and handling matters via the Court of Protection for vulnerable clients who have lost their mental capacity and are no longer able to handle their own affairs
- probate and administration – to ensure that everything goes as planned following wishes outlined in a Will, Hardeep can apply for a grant of probate and assist executors with the administration of an estate or alternatively handle the administration and distribution as required.
Examples of recent cases
Hardeep has recently:
- Assisted in drafting Wills with Punjabi speaking clients
- Applied for lasting powers of attorney for clients in preparation for the future
- Assisted vulnerable clients in the management of their financial affairs via a Deputyship Order acting in the clients best interests with their own wishes considered and put to the forefront of the decisions made
- Applied for Probate and Administered an Estate on behalf of two lay executors for both of their parents who sadly passed within weeks of one another, taking the stress and onus of all legal practicalities away from them in their time of grief.
Wills, Court of Protection and Probate and Administration of Estates
Hardeep is also a fully qualified member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners- a worldwide professional association for expert practitioners dealing with inheritance and succession planning.
Hardeep is based in our Gravesend office but advises clients throughout Kent.
To contact Hardeep, please call 01622 673081 email email@example.com.
The cost of making a will, lasting power of attorney or administering an estate will depend on your circumstances. We are happy to provide a quotation after discussing your requirements.