For further information please call to speak to one of our experts on 01622 673081
Karen du Rocher
Karen is a partner specialising in the sale, purchase and leasing of residential and commercial property. She is also a notary public who can provide notarial services to authenticate personal and business documents for use abroad.
With over 30 years’ experience as a lawyer, Karen has an in-depth understanding of how the residential conveyancing and commercial property process works and a proven track record in dealing with matters quickly and cost effectively.
Karen can help with:
- the sale or purchase of a house or flat, including those covered by a shared ownership arrangement, Help to Buy or a Right to Buy initiative;
- the leasing of a house or flat, including negotiating the initial tenancy agreement and applying for a lease extension via leasehold enfranchisement;
- the sale or purchase of an auction property;
- the purchase of a new build property, including where you intend to buy off-plan;
- remortgaging arrangements; and
- the transfer of equity in your home to another person.
- the sale and purchase of commercial property;
- the grant, renewal and termination of commercial leases;
- the process of developing a site for housing or commercial use, including assistance with negotiating the purchase of land, applying for planning permission, site construction and subsequent plot sales and tenancy arrangements;
- the negotiation of conditional sale contracts, options and overage agreements for potential development land;
- new build and conversion projects; and
- the redevelopment of agricultural property.
Examples of recent cases
Karen has recently:
- acted for a client acquiring a converted barn which had insufficient rights of access – to deal with this a statutory declaration was taken from the owner confirming prior use and insurance obtained to guard against the risk of future challenge;
- completed on the purchase of a commercial development site for a client where a two-week time limit had been imposed for the deal to be done; and
- successfully resisted attempts by a developer to force a client to complete on the purchase of a new build property where planning conditions had not been satisfied and the client would have experienced difficulties when they tried to sell.
Individual notarial services
Having qualified as a notary in 2010, Karen also has a wealth of experience in arranging the authentication of documents for UK nationals to use abroad and for foreign nationals to use here. Karen can help with:
- applications to live, work or study here or abroad;
- requests to marry or enter a civil partnership here or abroad;
- applications to adopt a child here or abroad;
- the sale and purchase of UK or foreign property;
- the administration of a deceased person’s estate where UK or foreign property is involved;
- the sale or purchase of UK or foreign shares and investments; and
- the bringing or defending of UK or foreign court proceedings.
Business notarial services
- applications to set up a company in the UK or abroad;
- applications for a UK or foreign loan or mortgage;
- proof that a UK or foreign company has been validly incorporated and is solvent;
- proof that a UK or foreign company has the legal capacity to enter a commercial contract;
- the sale or purchase of UK or foreign property;
- the sale or purchase of UK or foreign shares and investments;
- visa applications for UK-based employees and directors wishing to work abroad or for foreign employees and directors wishing to work here (business immigration); and
- the bringing or defending of legal proceedings in the UK or abroad.
Property advice and notarial services across Kent
Karen is based in our Gravesend office but advises clients throughout Kent.
To contact Karen, please call 01622 673081 or email email@example.com.
The cost of residential conveyancing and commercial property advice, along with notarial services, depends on your requirements. We are happy to provide a no obligation quotation upon request.